Subject: Monthly Business Recap for May 2020
Highlights From Last Week’s BOD Meeting:
The May Board meeting was a long one and here are some highlights.
- Following an amendment to the April minutes, a long discussion on the format of the minutes in the past, present, and future.
- A motion passed which will increase the trash pickups to three per week and hopefully alleviate the mess that is accumulating from the community seemingly hitting capacity with more people at home full time. (After the meeting the Board received informaton from the trash contractor, Republic Services, that they do not have a truck or crew available to accommodate adding an additional pick up day for curbside and toter service. The Recycle dumpsters will be picked up three times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The Board will continue to work on solutions to address the issues with the maintenance area including looking at getting cameras and gating installed. A notice providing this information was previously sent to the community.)
- A motion passed to allow that committee and Board meetings can be held over teleconference
- A motion passed to allow that some outdoor Social Committee events can proceed, including the pickleball orientation, the yoga class, and paddleboard orientation
- A discussion under New Business on how and when the pool might open, tentative opening date of June 15.
In local news, the State’s COVID-19 Dashboard is a wealth of data and research: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
Also don’t forget to vote in Maryland’s primary election.
- Deadline to vote: June 2 https://elections.maryland.gov
- Deadline to register: May 27 https://elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/index.html
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on these office communications, please contact [email protected].