Subject: Monthly: BOD Recap March 2021
A busy meeting for March! President Bob Karnei gave a statement addressing the Board’s stance on social media:
The Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to let all residents of Queen’s Landing know that it fully and positively supports you using your own personal means of communicating with each other, and this includes the homeowner-operated Residents of Queen’s Landing Facebook page as well as the homeowner-operated email newsletter Queen’s Landing Homeowners for Transparency.
However, it is important that we stress for all users of these systems that they are not formally monitored by either the management office or the Board. If you have an issue, a complaint, a question, or anything else that needs attention from the management office, the Board, or an individual board member; you must use one of the following means:
A phone call to the office at 410-643-5192
An email to the office at [email protected]
A ticket on the Tidewater Portal
After-hours emergencies: 443-548-0191
All the Board members emails are on the Queens Landing website
Amongst the significant reports this month was one from the Social Committee, which stated that it was hopeful for news from the state on COVID guidance that might allow it to start doing larger events and gatherings again.
Next the following motions were considered:
- The Board vote to proceed with getting bids on the Pool Security project, which passed with no Board members voting against. There were two abstentions and a motion to postpone which did not pass.
- The creation of an Ad Hoc committee to look at warranty issues on the work of restoration contractor Robert A. Aird Inc. Although there is no chair yet, the committee will be looking for members and the Board strongly encourages the community to join and/or attend meetings.
- A motion to allow non-homeowner residents to comment at meetings during the meeting period. This was withdrawn as it was agreed it would be made clear in communications that such comments are welcome
- A motion to limit the number of Board members on committees, which did not pass
- A motion to send a list of questions about addition/removal of property from common areas, which did not pass.
Finally, the Monthly Recap would like to provide you with some March photos:
The Newsletter, Website, and Communications committee hope you enjoyed the office’s Monthly Recap from the March Board meeting. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email [email protected]