Subject: BOD Recap August 2021
Hello Queen’s Landing from your Board! Here is a brief summary of this month’s Board meeting.
- With growing chatter about the latest developments on COVID and its variants the Board discussed possible additional restrictions in attending meetings, events, and use of the clubhouse but ultimately voted to continue to adhere to local, state, and CDC instructions.
- Like a lot of businesses, Anchor Aquatics is struggling to stay staffed and have informed us of some unexpected pool closings and that there could be more. The Office will send out notices as needed.
- The poor air conditioning in several parts of the clubhouse such as the gym was discussed, and some short-term workarounds planned given the upcoming large scale changes to the clubhouse.
- The Board passed a motion to not sign on for the new terrorism rider in the insurance policy.
- The President reminded the community that the call for nominations for the upcoming election is out.
- COSC is working on a number of upcoming events such as and end of the year “Low Country Boil”, the second annual Cardboard Regatta, and of course the September Happy Hour and Bingo.
- The Polypipe committee reported that the deadline for Polypipe inspections has been set for December 31, 2021 and has committed to three Townhall sessions, Aug 25, Aug 31, and Sep 2, each at 7pm.