Subject: Weekly: Calendar Reminders 11/15/2021
Don’t miss this week’s Meetings!
Owners/residents are strongly encouraged to attend meetings so mark your calendars now, set your reminders, and plan to tune in from the comfort of your home. Please note that everyone is encouraged to wear a mask. Online meeting and call-in number information for each meeting is provided on the portal and website calendars. See https://queenslanding.org/calendar/ for meeting details.
- Board Meeting, TONIGHT!!!, November 15th at 7pm
- Or call in (audio only)+1 469-998-6204,,769547447# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 769 547 447#
- Newsletter Committee Meeting, Tuesday, November 16th at 3pm
- Or call in (audio only)+1 469-998-6204,,731479257# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 731 479 257#
- Covenants Committee Meeting Tuesday, November 16th at 5pm
- Or call in (audio only)+1 469-998-6204,,518587935# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 518 587 935#
- Landscape Committee Meeting Tuesday, November 16th at 6pm
- Or call in (audio only)+1 469-998-6204,,699889780# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 699 889 780#
- COSC Committee Meeting, Thursday, November 18th at 7pm
- Or call in (audio only)+1 469-998-6204,,373277306# United States, Dallas
Phone Conference ID: 373 277 306#
Several of you responded to our message last week on local gyms, comparing pricing and amenities, etc., for the upcoming period that our Clubhouse will be undergoing construction.
- A gym on Kent Island that I missed was The Edge Training Academy. I spoke with the owner, Robert, and this is what he sent me after our conversation on Friday:
Thanks for the call today in regards to the community’s short-term gym needs.
We would encourage anyone who is actively looking for a short-term solution to their health and fitness needs to stop in and see us. We openly know that our gym is not a fit for everyone but we really take pride in our members who find us as a suitable fit.
Our monthly rates are $59/month and this gives adults 24/7 access to the facility. A special offer that we would be willing to make for those interested is a fitness consultation. We could waive the fee for this service. Also, in the event you are interested in personal training, we could give a special rate to those who mention they are from Queens Landing. If it is easier to work out in a group setting, please let us know how many would be in your group and we will happily establish a custom plan and rate for you to train in a group setting! We look forward to working with you and your community of folks.
112 Log Canoe Circle.
Stevensville, Md. 21666
- It was also mentioned that there is a YMCA in Centerville that is closer than Easton by about 10 minutes. https://ymcachesapeake.org/locations?map_location=21617&type=ymca&amenities
- Another person mentioned the YMCA in Arnold, which is over the bridge but only 16 miles away, with a confirmed price of $25 to join and no annual contract. They also have 4 indoor pickleball courts. https://ymaryland.org/locations/arnoldy . List of amenities is here: https://ymaryland.org/locations/arnoldy/amenities. Pricing is done differently and senior age pricing is at 65 years old, not 62, as at the Centerville Y.
Up to four adults plus all dependent children age 26 and under residing at the same address
Any individual age 13-26
Any individual age 27-64
Senior Adult 65 and Over
Any individual age 65 and older
Two adults, at least one age 65+, and all dependent children age 26 and under residing at the same address
Two Person Household
Any two people, at least one 18 years or older, residing at the same address.
I hope this provides a few more options for everyone as the clubhouse closes on Tuesday.
Meets every Saturday at 9 am at the clubhouse. If you would like to get other notices for activities for this group, share your ideas for onsite and offsite walks click this link “Walking Group” and join the group. This is a free activity.
Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8am and Wednesday evening at 6pm at the tennis courts. If you would like to get connected with others click this link “Pickleball” and join the group. This is free activity.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: All group leaders are strictly volunteers and are not certified instructors. These groups are intended to get together those that have common interests. Exercise is not without its risks and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. Any person who undertakes these exercises does so at their own risk. To reduce the risk of injury you should consult your doctor before beginning these or any other exercise program. As with any exercise program, if at any point during your workout you believe conditions to be unsafe or begin to feel faint or dizzy, have physical discomfort, or pain, you should stop immediately and consult a physician.