Subject: Pumpkin Carving Contest, Saturday, October 31 – Free Participation, Sign Up Today!
Queen’s Landing Pumpkin Carving Contest
Nothing says it’s Halloween like the good ol’ fall tradition of pumpkin carving. What is more fun than gutting the pumpkins and carving jack o’lantern faces, laughing and joking and having a great time together as a family creating memories, building lasting traditions, and carving up some killer pumpkins that might just win you a prize?
Divisions (age as of time of event). Prizes to be awarded in each division.
- Pre-K to 5 years
- 6 years to 9 years
- 10 years to 12 years
- 13 to 17
- 18 and older
Entries in each division will be judged on design, detail, creativity and originality.
- You must supply your own pumpkin for decorating and your own carving tools/decorations. There will be a limited amount of cute sticker decorations available that will cater to the Pre K to 5 years group as well as really fun foam decorations for all other aged groups. These decorations will be available on a first come basis the day of the event.
- Pumpkins can be painted, carved, or decorated in other ways.
- Pumpkins that will be carved must have the interior cleaned out before bringing it to the event for the actual carving.
- Adults are welcome to help children in child age groups, particularly to ensure safety, but in the spirit of the contest, please ensure the entry is primarily done by the child.
- No “Flame” candles allowed. Battery operated jack-o-lantern lights will be available, or you can bring your own.
- Pumpkins must be family-friendly. Scary designs are fine, but please do not incorporate any inappropriate designs.
- All pumpkins must be removed after the event